Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact History Count by History Type query

Tuned Listener

Contact History Count by History Type query

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible....

We have setup a dashboard and one of the components is a series of bar charts for each user, displaying the "Contact History Count by History Type" (The same as the compenent on the Act Default Dashboard). As default, this set to display all Conact History activity for the last 365 days, but we adjust this on a Friday to show the last 5 days of Contact activity. I was just wondering if it is possble for that component to automatically display activity for the current working week?

Cheers

Steve

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Contact History Count by History Type query

Yes, this is possible, although it requires technical savvy.

Start by looking at this KB article - of particular note is the last paragraph...  http://bit.ly/76iI3o

You will likely also want to search the Act! Dev Net forums for more info about customizing the custom datachart.

I beleive you are using Act! 2010

While in Dev Net Forums, you will want to look for the SQL Data chart component.  You will find info on capabilities and how to install.  A couple of advantages of this component over the one that ships with Act! 2010 is that it has an (semi) visual SQL editor and offers more chart types.

Have fun - now you're realling kicking Act! into high gear!

Tuned Listener

Hi Scott,

Thank you for reply.

I've had a look through the KB and searched out the component you recommended. It looks like it will do just what I need, so thank you.

I'm having a few problems though. I've downloaded the SQL Data Chart Component, unzipped it in the Tools folder and restarted ACT. I can see the Data Chart option in the Dashboard Designer Custom area, but when I insert a Data Chart component I only have the standard default options. Any ideas why the  extra functionality hasn't appeared?

FYI I'm running:

ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 1
English (United Kingdom)

Thanks for your assitance,

Steve

Tuned Listener

Hi,

If anyone can assist with my above query it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve