Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Fields In Opportunity

Copper Super Contributor

Contact Fields In Opportunity

Hi All...

I'm wondering if there's a way to bring over Contacts fields to an opportunity.  For example, I have some yes/no fields in contacts that illustrate if a contact is eligible for specific promotions - I'd like these fields to show up when I generate an opportunity for the contact. 

I'm not seeing any way for an opportunity to "inherit" some of the fields from the contact.  Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Dino

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Fields In Opportunity

Hello Dino,
Unfortunately, within ACT! you cannot add fields from different tables (i.e., contact, opportunity, group, company) to the same view.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Contact Fields In Opportunity

We have developed an add-on which allows you to add ANY field from the contact table directly into the opportunity list view. 

The addon is called Opportunity List Plus v4 and is part of our Impact Suite for ACT.

http://www.durkincomputing.com/Products.aspx

Once the field is added to the opportunity view you can sort, group and filter. "Show me all my opportunities were the contact state equal New York" is an example which comes to mind.

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin