Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Field for email Template

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Contact Field for email Template

I am runing Act 11.1 and Word 2002

I am trying to create an Email template with the contact's name (i.e. Dear "John Smith")

I have tried <C:Contact>, <Contact>, [C:Contact], [Contact] and <C:First> <C:Last> but it won't insert the name

I can get the <Salutation> and other fields to insert

Do I have the wrong field def?

Could you send me a blank template with the Contact field already inserted? 

Thanks

Gary

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author gw47129
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Field for email Template

In ACT!, to to Write>Edit Template, and choose one - say, Letter.adt.  Look at what's there and base your template off that. Also, you might want to run that template to verify that the fields are named as such, like the previous post said.  If there's still an issue, it might be Word 02.  If I remember correctly, older versions of Excel don't work with the newer ACT!, maybe you're seeing something like that...
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

View solution in original post

All Replies

Sounds like you're using a different field.  Within your layout, right click the field that has your contact's name.  In the menu that comes up, it will display the name of the actual field.

Sorry about the confusion. I can't get the "Contact Field" inserted into the blank tempate page. I have tried verisons of <Contact>, but they don't work. What should it be?

Gary

Solution
Accepted by topic author gw47129
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

In ACT!, to to Write>Edit Template, and choose one - say, Letter.adt.  Look at what's there and base your template off that. Also, you might want to run that template to verify that the fields are named as such, like the previous post said.  If there's still an issue, it might be Word 02.  If I remember correctly, older versions of Excel don't work with the newer ACT!, maybe you're seeing something like that...
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com