Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Field Default Settings on Act! 9.0 (2007) HELP!

Contact Field Default Settings on Act! 9.0 (2007) HELP!

When I enter in a new contact into ACT! it defaults to the last name field of the contact name if there is only one name entered.

For example,

If "David" is entered into the contact name field it will default as the last name of that contact rather than the first name as it's intended.

Is there any fix to this that is easier then pressing (...) every single time and changing it from the drop down fields?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Field Default Settings on Act! 9.0 (2007) HELP!

No, working as designed. The default parsing of the contact name is set to treat a single name as the last name.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the info. As a student programmer myself, why wouldn't the programmers who designed ACT! let the user have a menu strip option for changing default operations like that along with any other default nuances that ACT! carries. I know that would forward thinking. But you would think at some point a group of programmers would brainstorm how default settings affect the workflow of the user. Since this is a program designed to enhance the business user's work time and organization.
Platinum Elite Contributor

In a way, that already happens. If the contact name entered doesn't fit the parsing rules, the best attempt is made and an override dialog pops up to allow you to changing the parsing. You might want to make a feature request to have the override dialog pop up when a single name is entered.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129