Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Detail Page Question? Newbie Question but please help!

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Contact Detail Page Question? Newbie Question but please help!

I can not for the world of me figure out how to change the color that is light blue on the back ground to a different color? The location I am talking about is Contact Detail Page!

Also,

How come my today button is not working in my calendar?  Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Damon
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Contact Detail Page Question? Newbie Question but please help!

Damon, if you are using ACT 11 you currently do not have a color per se in the Contact Detail Page, you have a background image believe it or not.  So, let's remove the image first and then you can set a color.  In Contact Detail screen click on Tools in the Menu Bar, followed by Design Layout > Contact to go into the Contact Design Layout screen.  Here, click on View > Properties Window to cause the Layout Window (Panel Detail) to open in the right margin of your screen.  Now, carefully left click on a blank space in the light blue area of the Contact box, not on a field.  You will notice the Panel Detail in the right margin changes to reflect the properties of the Contract box.  You should see Appearance in the Panel Detail.  Click on Appearance to expand it.  Now click on Background Image and delete the background image (I forget what the image is called).  Then, once the image is deleted, you can click on Background Color to change the color of the Contact Detail Page.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Damon
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Damon, if you are using ACT 11 you currently do not have a color per se in the Contact Detail Page, you have a background image believe it or not.  So, let's remove the image first and then you can set a color.  In Contact Detail screen click on Tools in the Menu Bar, followed by Design Layout > Contact to go into the Contact Design Layout screen.  Here, click on View > Properties Window to cause the Layout Window (Panel Detail) to open in the right margin of your screen.  Now, carefully left click on a blank space in the light blue area of the Contact box, not on a field.  You will notice the Panel Detail in the right margin changes to reflect the properties of the Contract box.  You should see Appearance in the Panel Detail.  Click on Appearance to expand it.  Now click on Background Image and delete the background image (I forget what the image is called).  Then, once the image is deleted, you can click on Background Color to change the color of the Contact Detail Page.  Hope this helps!

DanSir,   Thanks this worked perfect!  Do you know if there are any colors that fade like the one back ground but different color.  I am trying to represent my business colors?  

Copper Contributor

Damon, try the following, courtesy of ACT Knowledgebase Articles:

To modify a standard color in the standard color palette with a custom color, do the following courtesy of ACT Knowledgebase Articles:

On the Tools menu, click Options and choose the Color tab.In the Standard Color palette on the Color tab, select the cell to be changed. Click Modify. This will open a window titled Colors.  Click the Custom tab on the Colors window. Use the mouse pointer crosshair to define the desired custom color.

Note: The new and existing color appears in a box in the lower right corner of the Colors window for reference.
To accept your changes, click OK on the Colors window and then click OK on the Options window.

Now the cell you selected for Customizing in the main Color palette on the Options/Color tab will reflect your newly defined custom color.

Tip: To return to the default color palette, open the Tools menu and then choose Options. Click the Color tab then click Reset. To confirm the changes click OK.