05-23-2011 10:24 AM
A very important contact was deleted inadvertently.
1. Received an email from "Trudy".
2. Needed to add her to the contact list so I selected her email to add as a contact.
3. The "Contact" screen filled with "Brian" information. There was no email in my inbox for "Brian" so I hit cancel.
4. Repeated the add as contact with the "Trudy" email and got an empty screen this time.
5. Added "Trudy" as a contact.
6. Next time I searched on the "Brian" contact, it was gone.
Any way of getting the "Brian" contact back short of a restore?
05-23-2011 12:17 PM - edited 05-23-2011 12:18 PM
If you did this through Outlook using the ACT! option to create a contact from an email, then it sounds like only Brian's name and maybe the email address in his ontact record were overwritten with Trudy's. His history and other critical info should be there under the Trudy record. Take a look at Trudy's record under the Notes, History, Opportunities, etc tabs and see if that is Brian's data. You can also check other fields as well. If this is case, then just edit the record and put Brian's contact info back. Then create a new record for Trudy. This is just a guess but hopefully that is all that happened.
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.