Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Deleted

Contact Deleted

A very important contact was deleted inadvertently.

1.  Received an email from "Trudy".

2.  Needed to add her to the contact list so I selected her email to add as a contact.

3.  The "Contact" screen filled with "Brian" information.  There was no email in my inbox for "Brian" so I hit cancel.

4.  Repeated the add as contact with the "Trudy" email and got an empty screen this time.

5.  Added "Trudy" as a contact.

6.  Next time I searched on the "Brian" contact, it was gone.

Any way of getting the "Brian" contact back short of a restore?

Wayne

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Deleted

[ Edited ]

Hello Wayne,
If you did this through Outlook using the ACT! option to create a contact from an email, then it sounds like only Brian's name and maybe the email address in his ontact record were overwritten with Trudy's. His history and other critical info should be there under the Trudy record. Take a look at Trudy's record under the Notes, History, Opportunities, etc tabs and see if that is Brian's data. You can also check other fields as well. If this is case, then just edit the record and put Brian's contact info back. Then create a new record for Trudy. This is just a guess but hopefully that is all that happened.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.