Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Addresses Missing in 2009

Contact Addresses Missing in 2009

I just noticed that all 1200 contacts in my database have lost the contents of their address fields.  What happened?  I did a backup then attempted a database check & repair but to no avail.  How do I recover from this?  I do have a backup from several days previous but trying to create everything that has happened since then will be long & tedious.

Thanks.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Contact Addresses Missing in 2009

If you have a Backup somewhere on your HD on an external HD, or another drive, open the database, go to File / Restore / Database and it will walk you throught the process of bringing all of the data from your Backup into the DB.

Is this a way to merge the old copies of the records with the current?   From what I've seen of restores before they totally replace the database.  I need a way to get back the just content of those fields.  If I manage import the old copy does the merge option there get it done, preserving the newer information (appts, history, etc.) of the current version of the database?

Follow the KB article below on how to merge the two databases.

How to Import Contact Data From an Existing ACT! Database into Another ACT! Database

I'll give that a try, but I'd still like to know what happened.  It seems bizarre that something could have cleared out the address fields and only those.