Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Activities

Copper Contributor

Contact Activities

Hi all. Does anyone know if there is a way of changing the 'contact activities' field within the activities listing from a character field to a numeric field? If this was possible then it would be possible to generate a summary 'sum' report instead of only a 'count' summary.

Thanks, Steve

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Contact Activities

No, it's not.

What version of ACT! are you using and what are you trying to sum?

Copper Contributor

Hi - I'm using the latest version, and for some time have been trying to develop a report that will generate a summary of the total hours over a given time period spent on different activities. None of the activity reports seem to be able to total this field, and when you go into properties of the ContactActivitiesSmiley Very Happyuration field when customising a report it is locked as a character field. The only workaround I have found is to generate an activities report and export it to excel, and then get excel to sum that particular column. A pretty clunky solution though!

I gather, Mike, that you are in Melbourne. Do you do any training or consulting, as I may be interested in arranging some targetted training for staff and myself.

Cheers, Steve

Platinum Elite Contributor

For time spent, you really want the report on the History, not the activities. Have you tried the History Time Spent report?

I'm based in Sydney... if you want to send me your details via Private Message I'll have a look at what you need and maybe recommend someone.

Copper Contributor

Hi - I have tried the History Time Spent report. It is nearer to what I want, but I am trying to get a sum of the total time in each contact to appear as a summary in the summary footer. I have tried copying the 'timeless' field ( which seems to generate the history time spent for each record), into the summary footer field on the main report, but this just returns the result 'timeless'. What am I doing wrong? Or am I trying to do the impossible in trying to get a total time spent for the whole report?

Thanks for your on-going help.

Steve