Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Access for users

Contact Access for users

I have the enterprise version so I can set contacts to have "Limited Access" and make them so that they can only be view by certian users or teams BUT for some reason on the ACT users themselves (by users I mean those that can add/delete etc) the access control is greyed out.  I don't want certian users to see the information of other users.  Can this be controlled?  Why are they treated differently than normal contacts?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Contact Access for users

That is correct, the user records (My Records) cannot be made Private or secured with Limited Access. 

One option available is to create a new contact record for the users and reference it when sending emails or scheduling activities.  If being able to view confidential emails is a concern, removing the email address from the My Records will keep them from being recorded to the User/My Records and will only record to the new contact records.

If you are running the ACT! 2011 version, there is an option available under the Tools > Preferences > Admin tab to enable/disable history recording when emails are sent from one user to another user.

Greg Martin
Sage

Well the problem is that we are using ACT more as an employee outreach directory than a contact manager.  We are filling up the tabs with fields of personel information, so there is semi confidential information in the user profile.  Our goal is to have managers on see the people that fall under their management and to not see any HQ user information or even each other. 

Its not an email issue.  We aren't even using those features.

Platinum Super Contributor

The option of creating contact records for your users would work in the situation you describe. With the contact records containing the confidential information, they can be secured using Limited Access.
Greg Martin
Sage

Yeah I guess that's what I'm going to have to do.  I'll just seperate the users from their contact records.