09-28-2012 03:49 AM
I have just bought sage ACT! for my business, from what I have read online I am best to get data I require to perform the tasks I want set up first rather than down the line find things don't quite work as I wanted.
So I am after some advice on setting up the database to enable me to do some of the following tasks.
1) I want ACT! to automatically add a task to follow up a quote x days after it is sent
2) I want to be able to contact customers by their industry/trade, as we are planning on running promotions at specific types of trades.
3) I want to be able to mail customers offers of products that may compliment what they have ordered, ie: if I have signed a van up, I want e-mail them offering business cards & stationery a week or so after their invoice.
4) I am planning on using ACT! as a project manager, so I can adjust a workflow depending on the type of work they are having, ie: van/sign/print and also send confirmation e-mails when appointments are made such as installations.
I've played with MySQL in the past, I just don't want to start entering information to discover that I need to modify it later down the line to get ACT! to do as I want.
Any advice muchly appreciated.
09-28-2012 05:11 AM
1. you can setup 'workflow' eg smart tasks
2. try setting up groups to do this
3. not sure
yes i think you are approaching this in the right way tho. figure it all out before jumping in. i'm going throught he same process at the moment! (different probs tho)