Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Configuring new installation

Configuring new installation

I have just bought sage ACT! for my business, from what I have read online I am best to get data I require to perform the tasks I want set up first rather than down the line find things don't quite work as I wanted. 

So I am after some advice on setting up the database to enable me to do some of the following tasks.

1) I want ACT! to automatically add a task to follow up a quote x days after it is sent

2) I want to be able to contact customers by their industry/trade, as we are planning on running promotions at specific types of trades.

3) I want to be able to mail customers offers of products that may compliment what they have ordered, ie: if I have signed a van up, I want e-mail them offering business cards & stationery a week or so after their invoice. 

4) I am planning on using ACT! as a project manager, so I can adjust a workflow depending on the type of work they are having, ie: van/sign/print and also send confirmation e-mails when appointments are made such as installations. 

I've played with MySQL in the past, I just don't want to start entering information to discover that I need to modify it later down the line to get ACT! to do as I want. 

Any advice muchly appreciated. 

Copper Contributor

Re: Configuring new installation

1. you can setup 'workflow' eg smart tasks

2. try setting up groups to do this

3. not sure

4. hmmm

yes i think you are approaching this in the right way tho. figure it all out before jumping in. i'm going throught he same process at the moment! (different probs tho)