Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Conditional validation - how can I make sure a user completes a field once a value has been selected in another?

Conditional validation - how can I make sure a user completes a field once a value has been selected in another?

Hi

Please could you let me know whether it's possible to make completion of field mandatory in ACT based on whether another field has been completed or not?

In the opportunities section, I need to make sure that all users select an option from a drop down to confirm whether there was a delay contacting the customer. However, this validation should only apply once the person has managed to get hold of the customer and selected a value from another drop down to confirm the outcome of the initial contact.

I am not sure whether this is possible with ACT or one of the available add-ons, and would be really grateful for any advice you can give.

Thank you

Re: Conditional validation - how can I make sure a user completes a field once a value has been selected in another?

aladdin2,

Welcome to the Act! Community forum!

Unfortunately Act! does not allow for that level of field validation.  You can set a field to be required, but it will always be required in that case.  Would it be acceptable that it's a required field, and instead of normal information they have to put in something like N/A in the field?  At least then you know that the field is always touched, so it's getting filled out regularly.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com