Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Computer Crash OH NO!!! Help with restoring database please...

Computer Crash OH NO!!! Help with restoring database please...

My laptop crashed recently.  I have done a factory reload but like most folks I was not very religious about backing up my database.  My question is I have a remote copy I set up on my office PC but the version on my laptop was the master.  I sync'd them  about once a month to catch up the changes.  My question is if I reload ACT on my laptop and restore a old backup to it (about 3 months ago) and then do a sync will it pick up all the changeds from my remote computer which should be fairly up to date or will it think my restored copy is the latest version of my contact list and wipe me out even worst.  Trying to avoid creating a bigger mess than I'm in now.  Second choice can I back up my remote database and use that to restore my main database?  (I have a feeling probaly not)  Any other suggestions welcome,  not relishing manually inputting or losing contact info!  Thanks.

Re: Computer Crash OH NO!!! Help with restoring database please...

Oh by the way I have Act 2008 Ver 10.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Computer Crash OH NO!!! Help with restoring database please...

Backup the remote copy, do a restore as on the other computer with a different database name and then make that the publisher database and setup sync from that database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129