Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Compulsory "set reminder" for a customer

Copper Contributor

Compulsory "set reminder" for a customer

I cannot for the life of me remember how to set up a default set reminder for a new customer ie call in 2 weeks- could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you ever so much for previous help!

Regards

Rod

ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Compulsory "set reminder" for a customer

Hello Rod,

It depends on what you are looking for. If you want to have an activity screen pop-up when you create a new contact, then follow these steps:

- Go to Tools/Preferences

- Under the Calendar & Scheduling tab, click Scheduling Preferences

- Check the box for "Prompt to schedule an activity when a new contact is created"

You can also set up a field trigger for an activity series, which will automatically schedule one or more activities. This trigger would be initiated when a particular field is accessed, changed, or exited from. To do this, first set up the activity series by going to Schedule/Manage/Activity Series Templates. To setup a field trigger, go to Tools/Define Fields, open the field you would like the trigger to be applied to, then click Next until you get to the "Set field triggers" screen. Choose the trigger type, choose the action "Activity series", then select the activity series you created earlier.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Compulsory "set reminder" for a customer

fantastic & thank you. It was the first option I was referring to...so simple, but only when you are reminded!
Thank you ever so much

Rod