Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Compound Issues

Copper Contributor

Compound Issues

Hi,

I've seen problems posted in several areas about issues with ACT 2011 but none of them seem to address the multiple issues I've continued to have with this upgrade. I'm now to the point of not being able to use ACT at all and I guess I'm wondering if there's anyone working on all of this. So far I'm experiencing:

* EXTREMLY SLOW PERFORMANCE - 40 TO 60 SECOND WAIT TIMES WHEN CREATING OR EDITING A TASK

* NO RECORDING OF OUTLOOK EMAILS IN MY ACT HISTORY - THIS WORKED IN 2010, STOPPED IN 2011

* UNSUCCESSFULLY SYNC CONTACT & CALENDAR WITH OUTLOOK (H&O 2010) - GOES THRU THE MOTIONS THEN RETURNS AN ERROR

* CAN'T SAVE MAIL MERGE TEMPLATES AS TEMPLATES, ONLY AS WORD DOCS

* NO FIELD POP-UPS WHEN EDITING THOSE TEMPLATES

I'm running Act as a stand-alone product, not syncing with any other users. I have a dual core i3 laptop with a gig of memory, 7500 rpm disk, windows 7 64 bit home premium, and the current build is Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0.

I'd really appreciate some help - I'm way behind in a ton of work and need to get this software back to a point where I can make some use of it.

Thanks,

Dan

Bronze Contributor

Re: Compound Issues

Danmuch of what you experience havebeen experienced by others in this forum.

Hope the following assists:

EXTREMLY SLOW PERFORMANCE - 40 TO 60 SECOND WAIT TIMES WHEN CREATING OR EDITING A TASK

Is this across a network or local as it may be damage to your database I would run the utilities in ACTDIAG

* NO RECORDING OF OUTLOOK EMAILS IN MY ACT HISTORY - THIS WORKED IN 2010, STOPPED IN 2011

Generally this is because if has been disabled by Outlook. Try setting the macro security to low and look in Outlook for disabled items

* UNSUCCESSFULLY SYNC CONTACT & CALENDAR WITH OUTLOOK (H&O 2010) - GOES THRU THE MOTIONS THEN RETURNS AN ERROR

This may be related to the problem above

* CAN'T SAVE MAIL MERGE TEMPLATES AS TEMPLATES, ONLY AS WORD DOCS

This may also be macro securty in word and the ACT plugins are disabled

* NO FIELD POP-UPS WHEN EDITING THOSE TEMPLATES

Is related to the above solution

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.