Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Completely uninstall ACT11

Copper Contributor

Completely uninstall ACT11

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to reinstall ACT to clear up some of the problems (can't attach mail from Outlook, Outlook replies aren't stored in the correct folders, startup programs being blocked), and want to do a complete uninstall first.

I can't seem to do the complete uninstall.  I'm following the instructions for manual uninstall at

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=22...

One thing that doesn't seem to work right is the renaming of folders.  I've enabled the Vista Administrator account, but I still get access denied messages when trying to rename the folders.  Maybe this is because some of the files are still in use.  I haven't yet tried doing this in safe mode.

If anyone has a foolproof (or me proof) method to suggest I'd appreciate it.   This ACT installation is getting more and more flaky.

I'm running ACT 11 on Vista Home Premium.

Thanks

Mike

Message Edited by dlunceford on 08-25-2009 08:44 AM

Re: Completely uninstall ACT11

Which folders are you unable to rename?
Copper Contributor

I'm unable to remove c:/program files/act using the above guide

following the above guide and reinstalling act, gives me; ACT cannot connect to SQL instance.

Copper Contributor

Sorry, I don't know how I missed this.  I don't know exactly which folders caused the problems, but they had ACT in the name (not much help I'm sure). I've tried a couple of times in the past few months to get ACT working again.  The last time I ran into the same problem.  I tried reassigning ownership and permissions, and eventually got to a state that looked like ACT had been removed.  However, I still saw a few flakey things on my system, so decided it would be a good time for a total spring clean.

I rebuilt the machine from the ground up from a system recovery.  Then installed the upgrade for Office 2007 that I'd been holding off on.  Then ACT 2010 (V12) with the SP and Hot Fix.  

So far so good.  The problem storing of the replies in the right folder has been cleared up, messages are storing in ACT contact history.

A lot of work to get to this point though.

Mike

Copper Contributor

In the end I found a way of hacking and slashing my way through the removal, and managed to record the method, and automate it.

I was able to write a reg file which removes all the necessary keys, rename the c:\document and settings\user\application data\ACT(old) folder and delete c:/prog files/ms sql server 

then tidy up with the microsoft uninstaller

this then allowed for act to reinstall.

a nightmare, especially having to do it across the sales team, but nothing more than id expect from what is really poor software.