Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Compatible issues with Act 2010 (ver 12) and Windows 10

Compatible issues with Act 2010 (ver 12) and Windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and found out that Act! isn't entirely compatible with it.  When I do a mail merge with Outlook 2007 Act! will freeze up after going through about 800 contacts.  Is there a workaround for this?  If not is there a database program that can handle Windows 10?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Compatible issues with Act 2010 (ver 12) and Windows 10

Yes ACT! 17

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Employee

The latest OS Act 2010 has been tested and compatible with is Windows 7. Due to the changes Microsoft put into Windows 10 with regards to Microsoft .net framework there won't be any updates or hot fixes for Act 2010 to be fully compatible with Windows 10.

Act! version 18 will be fully compatible with Windows 10 which will be released in the next week.

Also v17 is compatible, but with the following known issues:

Known issues and workarounds for using Act! v17 and later with Windows 10
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38170

I have ACT! 2010 Version 12.0.409.0 Hotfix 3.  It appears from the stream that I will not be able to successfully run ACT in Windows 10 without upgrading to ACT Pro Version 18.  I am using Microsoft Office 7.  Does Version 18 work well with Office 7? Or am I going to need to upgrade that as well? Also, should I upgrade BEFORE installing Windows 10?  Thank you!

Employee

When you say Office 7, do you mean Office 2007? If so, then yes it is compatible. I have put a link below which takes you to our compatibility matrix which you can check which versions of Office are compatible with which versions of Act!

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767/kw/compatibility

I would recommend taking a backup of your Act! database(s), then uninstalling the program including uninstalling SQL as Microsoft SQL 2008 isn't compatible with Windows 10. We've seen issues where it leaves traces of this on your PC and causes issues when trying to install newer versions of Act! and SQL. Once that's done, upgrade to Windows 10 and then install Act! v18 (which will install SQL 2014) and then find your database and update it to v18.

Thank you!