Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Compatibility with Office 2010

Compatibility with Office 2010

Can anyone tell me if Act! 2010 is compatible with the newest Microsoft Office 2010 Suite: Word and Outlook?
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Compatibility with Office 2010

Act! 2010 is not compatible with Office 2010.  We have not received notification at this point if Act! 2010 will be made compatible or not.
Greg Martin
Sage

I would expect Sage would have been working with Microsoft to make your products compatible with theirs as they developed their new releases. That is not good news and lowers my opinion of Sage's stature. Basically, if I want to continue to use ACT! I cannot upgrade Office until you catch up.

I Agree - Sage engineers have known about the imminent release of Office 2010 and should have been more prepared. I've used Act for 7 years and still like the first version the best. Every year I upgrade and every year I wonder why.

Copper Contributor

I have been using Act since the DOS versions.  In the past, Act always quickly provided updates when a new version of Office came out, especially since they started using MS products to build Act.  Our entire corporation has already upgraded to Office 2010, except for me . . . the only one in the corp that uses Act.  Weekly I am asked if Act has updated yet and have become embarrassed to have to say "no" each week.  It is becoming an office joke.  There was a thread in the community that said the update would be available in 30 to 60 days from a Sage Tech, but that has vanished.  This situation may hinder corporate wide adoption of Act.Smiley Sad

There is a link on your post that I cannot access. Why?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello jcucchi,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. My apologies, but that post has been removed as it is no longer relevant. The decision has made that ACT! 2010 and prior will not support Office 2010 due to the amount of programming changes. Compatibility with Office 2010 started with ACT! 2011. You can achieve partial integration with Outlook 2010 and ACT! 2010...details are in KB Article 26713. You can also read more about Office 2010 support in the following blog in this forum:

http://community.act.com/t5/Larry-Ritter-s-Development-Blog/ACT-2010-and-Office-2010-Compatibility/b...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.