Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Comparing mobile options

Tuned Listener

Comparing mobile options

With my next upgrade, I would really like to make things moreimmobile and perhaps cloud based.  Esther tha having remote login options so that I can use act email on my computer, I would like to just use a cloud based email program.  Right now, we really benefit from the templates we've created, so I want to still have that easy ability.  In my office, some people use act email and some use outlook, becausetee can't get logo look to sync to act. 

I can't figure out the diffence between act mobile, sage act connecti, and act cloud.  I really don't want to pay a huge monthly fee per user and iLife knowing that we backup our act database everyday to an offsite drive, in case of emergency, but what is the best solution.

Right now, we just use the windows folder system to save all of our client files and we don't link the, to act, because I have 5 gigs of files.  Linked inbound and outbound emails to clients are met, as well as using theaters and history features.  I would like to use act to assign tasks to various people in the office, instead of a separate task manager we use.  I worry about things like google docs for email because they give you only 25 gigs of email storage and I get about a gig every few days, so what would happen if I needs to save a thousand emails in a folder becausethey are leads of some sort and it's easier to search that then act,  we also have clients constantly emailings us files so we like to be able tofrag and drop them to a hard drive.  I use a RAID drive for backup and an offsite backup service.

Any thoughts on using google docs and what is the difference between all of these versions of act that would make it so we could use either some cloud email system that would like to act, or make act remotely accessible for me.

Now that google drives here, we can drag and drop files if we use it.  If we could not do that, it would be hard for my staff to have to use a browse window o send emails.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Comparing mobile options

Silver Contributor

Moble means much more than phones these days.  if your sales team is truly all over the place, mobile worker, remote worker, etc.  ACT has a hosting provider program.    Many of these folks have different strengths but are able to help you accomplish a total hosting remote solution including backups in a cloud type environment. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Tuned Listener

When I looked at the chart on you page about the number of contacts that you can have inf you useproducts the act mobile products, it sayus that there is a limit of 5000 contacts, but I have 15000.  Does this mean that I can't use it?

Platinum Elite Contributor

They allow you to select the groups of contacts.

But, if looking at Connect, you'll be MUCH better off with Handheld Contact