Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company with multiple office locations? Contact with multiple company locations?

Company with multiple office locations? Contact with multiple company locations?

[ Edited ]

Hello, I am new to Sage Act, and I am making a contact database for doctors. 

Many of the doctor offices have several locations.

To set up the company contact, is making divisions the best way to add the different locations?

Another thing is, there are many doctors to one company.

Also, one company might have 4 different locations, but the doctor only works at 2 of those locations.

How would I establish a link so that when I pull up the contact info for a doctor, I know which locations he works at?

Please advise the best way to set this up.

Forgot to add that I have Sage ACT Pro 2012

It is quite confusing, thank you!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Company with multiple office locations? Contact with multiple company locations?

Hello Grace,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Setting up the main office as a Company and the satellite offices as Divisions would seem the best way to do this. Keep in mind that there is no link between Companies and their Divisions other than cosmetic - so making a contact a member of a division will not make them a member of the main Company. Contacts can be members of more than one company or division. You can also use dynamic membership rules to add automatically add/remove contacts from a company based on field criteria. More information is in this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1388...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Company with multiple office locations? Contact with multiple company locations?

So each "division" is a separate Company record?

I am using Act!Pro v. 16.0.291.0.  Have companies with multiple locations, consultants who work at one or more of them (plus other, different companies), and need to understand how to organize the data.  We had our database converted from an old version of Goldmine, which has a 1 to 1 relationship between contacts and companies.  As a result, I have 9 company records for the same firm, one for each consultant, and need to clean things up so that they appear as contacts under the "company" they work for.  But it doesn't seem logical to me to have multiple company records for the same firm, just because it has more than one location.

Any explanation you could give would be appreciated.

Also, is there any way to merge the company records, or should I move the notes manually and then delete the extraneous ones?

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Thread resurrection!  This is exactly why we don't delete old posts.

You cannot merge company data, firstly.  You would have to make any changes like that manually, or get the help of an Ac! Certified Consultant.

Each company would be just that, a company.  Each division would be a company's location.  Act! treats them as individual companies, but sorts them under thier parent company.If you were making a company record for Swiftpage, you may have one company called Swiftpage, One division for each of our offices,

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com