Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company tab and remote users

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Company tab and remote users

Act 11 - I created a Company in the company tab and linked it to 3 contacts. I have a field in the contact records named "territory", this is how I seperate my outside salesman (laptop users) and inside saleman that use the database on the network. The laptops synch remotely. After I created the company record for an "in-house" account, one of the laptops synched and that laptop could "see" the company I entered under the company tab. The company I entered does not concern the laptop user and should not be displayed on the laptop. Can I limit this so that I can create companies under the company tab and not have them visible to the laptop users unless that company is assigned to the laptop user?

Thank you for any advise.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author richardhuck
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Company tab and remote users

The company name will be there, but not the contacts.  In the Premium version, you can set limited access on the companies.  The name will still be displayed, but grayed out.  Unfortunately there isn't a way to remove the company completely.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author richardhuck
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Company tab and remote users

The company name will be there, but not the contacts.  In the Premium version, you can set limited access on the companies.  The name will still be displayed, but grayed out.  Unfortunately there isn't a way to remove the company completely.