Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company search in list view-type in more than beginning letter

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Company search in list view-type in more than beginning letter

In list view it would greatly save time if I could just click somewhere in the company name column then type in more than just the single company name beginning letter-like maybe holding down the first typed-in letter while typing in the second and 3rd letter of the company name. Is there a way to do this? Now when I type in the 2nd letter of the company name (after typing in the 1st letter of the company name) the curser goes to the companies whose names start with that 2nd letter typed in. In other programs this is possible.

Windows 8.1

ACT version 17.1

64 bit op sys

single computer-not in network

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎09-01-2016 07:08 AM
Administrator

Re: Company search in list view-type in more than beginning letter

Hi businessdata,

It sounds like what you're trying to achieve can be done with the Look For bar. You can enable this by clicking Options at the top right right of the list, then selecting Show Look For. This is shown in the screenshot below next to (1):

Act!_2016-09-01_11-35-12.png

You can then type the first couple of letters of the company name you're looking for into the Look For search box (2) to quickly bring this company into view and select it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎09-01-2016 07:08 AM
Administrator

Hi businessdata,

It sounds like what you're trying to achieve can be done with the Look For bar. You can enable this by clicking Options at the top right right of the list, then selecting Show Look For. This is shown in the screenshot below next to (1):

Act!_2016-09-01_11-35-12.png

You can then type the first couple of letters of the company name you're looking for into the Look For search box (2) to quickly bring this company into view and select it.

Copper Contributor

That's it! The ACT! Help people that took over my computer to get ACT! installed checked then told me it wasn't possible. I knew I had been doing it somehow in version 2007. This will save me so much time and aggravation so I thank you very much for taking the time to solve this problem.
Administrator

You're welcome. This has been a feature of Act for a very long time now, and is often forgotten about but is very handy for those who use it in their workflow.