Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company related task - attach file

Accepted Solution Solved
Master Commentator
Accepted Solution

Company related task - attach file

Hello,

On the company nav bar in the detail view (in ACT 2010) is an option called "attach file". I clicked on the link and the templates folder for the database opened. I selected a template trying to figure out what this link is suppose to accomplish, but nothing happened once i selected a file in this folder.

I know that on the contact detail view, when you click on the attach file link, the file that you select is attached to the contact on the history tab, but that didn't work on the company tab.

I looked in the help file, but could not find any info on what this link is suppose to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tracy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author training2go
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Company related task - attach file

Hello Tracy,

After you perform the process you described, look under the History tab of the Company...that is where the file should be attaching.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Super Contributor

I think that this is a bug.  Act! 2009 also has a similar button which does not work either.  No error - just doesn't do anything.
Solution
Accepted by topic author training2go
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Tracy,

After you perform the process you described, look under the History tab of the Company...that is where the file should be attaching.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Master Commentator

MScott,

I don't get any error message either. It's strange. The first place I looked was on the document tab, because that makes more sense logically to me, then to put the file on the history tab. I'd love to know the reason for selecting the history tab over the document tab.

I don't recall seeing this option in the 2009 version, so I have no idea whether or not it worked.

I keep "stumbling" across things like this and can't figure out if it's vista getting in the way or if something is not working in act.

Master Commentator

Hi Greig,

I had looked on the history tab prior to posting the message because I found the document that I attached to a contact record (in the contact view) on the history tab, using this link.

It wasn't there. When I closed act and hours later reopened it, I checked and it was there. Perhaps it was a time delay in being displayed.

I'm curious to know why the history tab was selected over the documents tab. 

Thank you