Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company name offset to the left

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Company name offset to the left

In my Contacts, the company name is right justified (name is offset to the left) in the company name field so that I can't see the first part of the company name without either scrolling the field or pressing the Home key on my keyboard.  I have gone into Tools / Design Layout / Contacts and attempted to change the justification of the field to left justify but the change is not saved when I exit and reopen ACT. How can I fix this?  Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jakebe2
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Company name offset to the left

Hello jakebe2,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with updating ACT! 2011. Just to clarify, updates to your current version are free. The reason for the error when attempting to apply Hot Fix 6, is that you must first Service Pack 1 for ACT! 2011 - this is the version HF6 was designed for. For install and download instructions for ACT! 2011 SP1, please see this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2729...

After you install SP1, you will get a prompt to update your database when you open it. After this is done, then you can apply Hot Fix 6.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Thank you!! Much appreciated. Is this actually Free or am I going to end up having to pay for it? I got a popup saying I had 30 days to register.

Bronze Super Contributor

The left align issue was fixed in ACT 2011 and 2012.

You need to install the latest hotpatches then you can uninstall our free add-on.

You can find the ACT hot patch at: http://www.act.com/Support-and-Training/Download-Center

If you can not install the latest hot patches you can still use the free left alignment add-on.

http://www.durkincomputing.com/actaddonsdownloads/Durkin_LeftAlign_for_ACT.exe

Once you restart ACT you will get a splash screen to enter your name and company info. This splash screen should only come forward once.

If the splash screen appears each time yourestart ACT follow these steps:

1)            Close ACT!

2)            Extract the attached files into this folder

“C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins\”

3)            Restart ACT

You should not receive the splash screen any more but you can still access the ABOUT window under the ACT TOOLS menu

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin

www.DurkinComputing.com

I attempted to update ACT from both the web site and the Help menu but it seems even though I have only had the software a couple of months that I have to subscribe to your Support program in order to get updates or support for a defective program.... that is per your online chat person.  I REALLY hope I don't have so many issues with Sage ACT that I need a paid subscription.  I have had ACT in its various forms since it's inception as First ACT back in the '80's.  This is the first time I have needed support and I certainly wasn't impressed with Sage ACT's support... or lack there of.

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately that update won't install. I was trying to install it earlier today and it wouldn't install. That was when I got on "chat" with the ACT tech support and was told I had to have a Support subscription before I could get assistance or update the software.  When I attempt to install it I get a message saying "This update does not apply to this version of ACT". I'm running Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 on a Windows 7 x64 computer. I have tried about four times now to update to the Hot Fix 6 version of ACT Pro 2011 and get that message every time.  If I try updating from the Help menu I get a pop up box saying I have the latest version of the software.  Very frustrating! 

Solution
Accepted by topic author jakebe2
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello jakebe2,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with updating ACT! 2011. Just to clarify, updates to your current version are free. The reason for the error when attempting to apply Hot Fix 6, is that you must first Service Pack 1 for ACT! 2011 - this is the version HF6 was designed for. For install and download instructions for ACT! 2011 SP1, please see this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2729...

After you install SP1, you will get a prompt to update your database when you open it. After this is done, then you can apply Hot Fix 6.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you everyone for the help.  I finally got it updated.  That turned into a job!! 

Do I now need to uninstall the Left Align add on that I installed earlier or can I just leave it installed since things seem to be working normally now?