Tuned Listener

Company name missing after Outlook sync

Win XP SP3 

Act! 2009

Outlook 2007

CompanionLink 3.0

Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5

HP iPAQ 2215

Recently upgraded from Act! 4 to Act! 11. Yes, it was a nightmare, and it continues. The only thing I have lost is the Company name in Act! 11. It remains in the Company field in both Outlook and on my iPAQ but it will not transfer to Act in a sync. How can I correct this?

Also, at the moment company/client linking is EXTREMELY undesirable for my needs.

Re: Company name missing after Outlook sync

Hello jskyer,

How are syncing ACT! and Outlook?

Tuned Listener

Win XP SP3 

Act! 2009

Outlook 2007

CompanionLink 3.0

Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5

HP iPAQ 2215

Or are you wanting the exact step by step procedure?

Copper Contributor

>> The only thing I have lost is the Company name in Act! 11. It  remains in the Company field in both Outlook and on my iPAQ but it will not transfer to Act in a sync. How can I correct this?

Usually, if a core field isn't transferring, it's due to some sort of corruption in your data source. Try running the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool, which is designed to fix corrupted data in Outlook. Here are Microsoft's instructions on using it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497

Follow the instructions given under the heading "How to use the Inbox Repair Tool".

>> Also, at the moment company/client linking is EXTREMELY undesirable for my needs.

You can disable the linking feature. In the CompanionLink Setup wizard go to the Calendar Format tab, then select the "No Format" option.