Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company name is in the Comapny field in Contacts but ...

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Company name is in the Comapny field in Contacts but ...

I imported my Companies with all their address data and such.  Then when I imported my Contacts I put the Company name in the Company field.  I do have Companies setup so it links Company to the Company field in Contacts.  The Company name does show in the Company field in Contacts.  But when I go to the Company it does not list the Contacts that have that Company name in th Company field in Contacts.  What should I have done to make that happen?

Thanks much!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎11-30-2015 01:13 AM
Administrator

Re: Company name is in the Comapny field in Contacts but ...

Hi Timmy,

It depends on what version of Act! you have installed as to what options are available to you in this area.

If you have Act! v16 or above, you should be able to set the auto company creation settings threshold to 2 or above. This will then create a new company record where the same company name is specified on two or more contact records, unless the company already exists, in which case, Act will match the exact company name to an existing company and link the records together so the contact appears in the company.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎11-30-2015 01:13 AM
Administrator

Hi Timmy,

It depends on what version of Act! you have installed as to what options are available to you in this area.

If you have Act! v16 or above, you should be able to set the auto company creation settings threshold to 2 or above. This will then create a new company record where the same company name is specified on two or more contact records, unless the company already exists, in which case, Act will match the exact company name to an existing company and link the records together so the contact appears in the company.

I was confused because my Companies already existed and didn't need to be created.  But when I set the preference to 1 it does create the link between the Contact and Company, whereas when it was set to 0 it didn't.

Thanks much!

Copper Contributor

How do you set up auto company creation? I believe the company who set up our database set the settings for this, but I'd like to see what they are and how to change them if necessary...We no longer work with that company so if there is a link with directions, or a quick explanation for it that would be helpful.

Thank you!

Silver Super Contributor

From the menu choose Tools | Preferences | Admin and then press the Company Preferences button.  The dialog box in the window does a pretty good job of explaining how the settings work.  If you have any more questions start a new thread for them to make them easier to find for people who have the same question you do.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Thank you!