Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company name has a hyperlink embedded in the detail view.

Copper Contributor

Company name has a hyperlink embedded in the detail view.

I have company's who have more than one representative in my data base as members of their company. I set these sub-groups using the "Companies" tab. 

When I click on a particular company, in the left hand side of the window, under the "Companies" tab, the company detail and it's members appear on the right hand side of the window.

When I click on a particular member of that company, and get to the detail view of thier record, some of the companies groups, have the company name in blue, and when I pass my mouse pointer over that name, and click it takes me back to the "companies" tab (a hyperlink) and back to the window with all members of that particular company on the right.

This is not the case with all companies in my list under the "Companies" tab. Some have this hyperlink, but most do not. IWhy is this so? How do I get all of the companies in my list under the "Companies" tab to have this feature?

Nickel Contributor

Re: Company name has a hyperlink embedded in the detail view.

Next to the company field in the Contact details view, there is ... button. This button is used to link the contact record to the company. If you don't do this, the contact is not linked to the company and there is no link to be clicked.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms
Copper Contributor

Thanks! That works!

Since I have hundreds of such records linked to their respective companies, which do not have this hyperlink activated, must I do this, for each one of these records?

Is their a way to do this globally for all records associated with that company, under the "Companies" tab list?

Platinum Super Contributor

There isn't a built-in function for linking multiple contacts to their companies, but there is a couple of add-ons that appear to do it.  Review the Company add-ons on this web page to see if they will fit your need: Sage ACT! Add-ons

Greg Martin
Sage