Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company listed after name in ACT Email clients fields

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Company listed after name in ACT Email clients fields

I have just started using ACT PRO 2011. When I use the ACT email client to create an email, I no longer see the company names listed after the contact names in the drop down list. Every previous version of ACT! I've used (for over 10 years) had this feature. When I called customer service, they told me it was not available on ACT 2011? Can you please put it back. Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rwrundle
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Company listed after name in ACT Email clients fields

[ Edited ]

OK. Two things you can try:

- Lower the settigs for or disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7 (will require you to reboot your machine). Instructions are KB Article 25665.

- Manually rebuild your preferences file. Follow the instructions in the second section of KB Article 14770 to manually rebuild your preferences

You may also want to consider updating to your installation to 2011 SP1 Hot Fix 1. Instructions are in KB Article 27290. If youare using a shared database, all users must also update their machines, starting with the server.

Also note that I have moved this thread to the main product discussion board, since this appears to be an issue not a product request.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello rwrundle,

You should be able to have the company name show by adjusting your email preferences:

- Close ACT! Email

- Go to Tools > Preferences, and select the ACT! Email Editor tab

- Click Composing Options

- Under the "Auto-Fill Name: section in the upper right, check the box for "Disply full contact information"

- Save the settings and reopen ACT! Email

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you for your reply. I had done as listed above, and it is still not working. When I contacted the Customer Support (after purchasing the BusCare Silver plan. That person remotely tried to do it, put me on hold, and then came back and said it was not an available feature in ACT 2011. I would happy to contact Customer Support again, if I knew I would get someone who could help solve this problem. Thank you again for your prompt reply.

[ Edited ]

Maybe I misunderstood what you are trying to do. What exactly are you wanting to have happen in the ACT! Email client? The above settings should work to show you the contact name, email address and company name in the TO: field when you are composing a new email message in the ACT! Email client.

Greig Hollister

Greg,

Thank you again for writing. You describe exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. I have placed all the settings as you initially indicated, and the company name is still not appearing as it should. When I called customer care, on January 3rd, 2011 the representative told me (after remotely taking control of my computer and trying to do the settings himself, that it could not be done. Should I call back? thank you again for your time.

I tested on my machine: Outlook 2007, ACT! Email as the email client (not Outlook), ACT! 2011 SP1 (13.1.111) with Hot Fix 1. Checked the option to show the details and it works fine. What setup are you using? Outlook or an internet mail account? Also what version of Windows do you have?

Greig Hollister

windows 7.

Microsoft office home and business 2010. ACT Email as the email client, Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 1.

Thank you

Rob

Solution
Accepted by topic author rwrundle
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

OK. Two things you can try:

- Lower the settigs for or disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7 (will require you to reboot your machine). Instructions are KB Article 25665.

- Manually rebuild your preferences file. Follow the instructions in the second section of KB Article 14770 to manually rebuild your preferences

You may also want to consider updating to your installation to 2011 SP1 Hot Fix 1. Instructions are in KB Article 27290. If youare using a shared database, all users must also update their machines, starting with the server.

Also note that I have moved this thread to the main product discussion board, since this appears to be an issue not a product request.

Greig Hollister

upgrade to Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1 worked! Thank you!

Greig,

With the upgraded version of ACT!, my "attach file" button is grayed out. Could you direct me to where to find the informaton to fix this?

Thank you