Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company field justification - Premium 2011 SP1

Copper Contributor

Company field justification - Premium 2011 SP1

[ Edited ]
I recently upgraded to Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0.

If you are on a record with a long company name it displays right justified and then all company names are displayed right justified.  When Act opens it is normally displayed left justified.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Copper Contributor

Re: Company field justification - Premium 2011 SP1

I have the same problem with 2011 Pro. I recall that it is a known problem and has not been fixed yet. I believe the work-around is to lengthen the box which to me is a weak solution.

Ron

I have the same issue and lengthening the field doesn't work for me.  A company name with even 5 characters only diplays the last letter despite having more than enough room - quite frustrating.

Copper Contributor

It has been over 3 months with no response from Act regarding a fix, not a workaround.  The field is incorrectly showing data.

Does Act have a response?

Platinum Elite Contributor

The issue is still under investigation, and there is currently no time frame for a fix. Presently, the workaround to increase the size of the Company field is the only known solution. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Super Contributor

Here is a FREE addon we developed for the text box alignment in ACT!. It forces the text boxes to display the first part of the character rather than the last part when the text string is longer than the width of the text box.

I created this screen shot of the before and after. The text boxes whose data is longer then the text box width  do not display the left most characters of the Company or Contact fields. With Left Align for ACT! by Durkin  installed you can read any field from the left most position if the text string is longer than the text box without increasing the size of the field.

Its a FREE add-on.  Here is the link to the download:

http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsDownloads/Durkin_LeftAlign_for_ACT.exe

Please post question or comments to www.DurkinComputing.com/ACTAddonForum/

-- Jim Durkin

www.DurkinComputing.com

www.DurkinComputing.com

Copper Contributor

Has ACT fixed this or corrected this in a later service pack or patch?

Platinum Elite Contributor

This issue is due to be fixed in ACT! 2011 SP1 Hot Fix 5, which should be available in the next few days. An update will posted in this forum when the hot fix is released.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Loyal Listener

I installed HF5 and am no longer experiencing this problem.