Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company field anomaly - Act 2011

Company field anomaly - Act 2011

While in detail view and scrolling through my contacts, when I arrive at a contact that has a long company name the company field display seems to orient too far to the left. For example Acme Electronics displays properly until I encounter American Youth Soccer Association then scrolling back it now displays as ectronics. Placing the cursor in the field box allows me to arrow back to display Acme Electronics. Is it possible that this occured because I imported my database from Outlook?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Company field anomaly - Act 2011

Hello MrRhodeIsland,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

The behavior you are experiencing is a known issue and has been reported to the Development team.  At this time, the only work-around (as you have noted) is to place the cursor in the Company field and back arrow to the beginning - subsequent company names will display correctly until another 'long' name is encountered.

Greg Martin
Sage

has this been rectified yet please.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Woka,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

At this time a fix has not been released and we have not been informed when one will be available.

An additional work-around is to extend the company field on the Contact layout.  By making it longer on the layout, there will be fewer company names that are longer than the field is - which is what causes the mis-aligned values.  For instructions for working with the Layout Designer visit this artcle: KB Article 15332

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Well, it's now been 2 months since this bug was reported.  Any news on a service pack that will fix this, and hopefully many other, issues in the near future?

Best Regards,

Chuck

I am having the same problem and would apprecitate a mention of this in the knowledge database and a fix by Sage.

Copper Contributor

It's now March 2011 in 3 days and this still has not been fixed? !How hard are Act! working on this???
Why on earth does Act!/Sage not test a new version before allowing us to all upgrade?
Copper Contributor

Yes TOSHIBA - I asked the same question last week - more than 3 months after you - and still they give the same cut and paste response: "Our developers know about it".
You must admit, it seems like they're doing sweet FA!
Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is a FREE addon we developed for the text box alignment in ACT!. It forces the text boxes to display the first part of the character rather than the last part when the text string is longer than the width of the text box.

I created this screen shot of the before and after. The text boxes whose data is longer then the text box width  do not display the left most characters of the Company or Contact fields. With Left Align for ACT! by Durkin  installed you can read any field from the left most position if the text string is longer than the text box without increasing the size of the field.

Its a FREE add-on.  Here is the link to the download:

http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsDownloads/Durkin_LeftAlign_for_ACT.exe

Please post question or comments to www.DurkinComputing.com/ACTAddonForum/

-- Jim Durkin

www.DurkinComputing.com