Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company field alignment problem

Company field alignment problem

For some unknown reason, my Company Name field has aligned itself so that I can't see the first letters.  It's tough trying to guess what company I'm looking at by only seeing the last letters.  Has anyone else found this?  Anyone know the fix?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Company field alignment problem

This is a known issue where the Company field value displays incorrectly after viewing a contact record where the Company name is longer than the Company field on the layout.  You can reset the view by placing the cursor in the company field and using the left arrow to display the left characters.  This will reset the view until another company name is longer than the field length on the layout.

There isn't a fix yet, but there is a work-around.  You can edit the layout (Tools > Design Layouts > Contact) and extend the length of the Company field so that it can display additional characters.

This same behavior can also occur with the Contact field.

Greg Martin
Sage

I've been doing something similar by using the home key, then tabbing to the next field.  It doesn't seem to save the text alignment.

Any guesses when this display problem will be fixed?

Unfortunately, no information is available on when a fix will be available.  Information about 'Fixes' isn't generally announced until the day they are ready for release.

Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Elite Contributor

Will be happy to modify your Company Layout field prob, no charge. Will take about one minute. Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html

We frequently see this occur in several fields, even when the company filed name isn't that long.
Mike Shannon, theforeclosureguy

Bill -

I am having the same Company Layout Field issue with the alignment.  Can you advise how to correct as it is very annoying.

Thank you,

Amy

Sage recently called me (after emailing me 5 or more times) to have me continue my support subscritpion and to upgrade to Act 2012.  I told them I would wait until they corrected this problem.  They have not yet addressed & corrected this simple problem.

The foks at Durkin Computing have created a free add-on that will resolve this issue.  The add-on can be found at the website: www.freeactaddons.com.  Look for the item 'Durkin Left Align for ACT!'.

Greg Martin
Sage

I used ot have this free version but since reinstalling on a new machine it keeps telling me I have to pay for it...otherwise the trial registration screen keeps appearing each time I launch ACT...Are you sure this is still free?

On another note - Why should other firms be making money out of fixes for problems when Sage cant fix them?