Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company attachment to contact problem in scheduler

Copper Contributor

Company attachment to contact problem in scheduler

[ Edited ]
Each time I schedule a new activity in the calendar I have to go and edit the company for the selected contact inside the scheduled event.  ACT 2008 (10.0) attaches the first company ID in the company ID list to the scheduled event even when another company is correctly attached to the scheduled contact.

This is a major pain.......

I'll not be upgrading to ANY new version of ACT in the future....maybe if other users stopped upgrading Sage would fix the software.  I have had too many problems with this version AND support will not offer any help because I do not want to pay $200 for bad support.  The group at Sage that supports ACT also supports several other Sage products and I have waited on hold for sometimes 45 minutes only to be told "we cannot help you without a support plan" by support.

Message Edited by john_eis on 02-13-2008 07:29 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Company attachment to contact problem in scheduler

john_eis wrote:
Each time I schedule a new activity in the calendar I have to go and edit the company for the selected contact inside the scheduled event.  ACT 2008 (10.0) attaches the first company ID in the company ID list to the scheduled event even when another company is correctly attached to the scheduled contact.

Yes, this is a default behavior which would suit most users as most on have a contact attached to a single company.

You might post a request for this to be a preference setting to be considered for a future version here -
http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.