Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company Records in Act 11

Company Records in Act 11

How important is it to have the Company records in Act 11 I have managed to convert about 3000 of 8000 records but it is holding up going live with the database also I would like to use some of the fields already used in the Contact records but I can't find a way to do it, its is no use creating a new field as the existing info would have to be manualy entered
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Company Records in Act 11

Typically you create a Company record for the larger companies, those with multiple contacts. This provides on overview of details from the Contacts when viewed from the Company records and you can update certain fields from the Company to the Contact records, like Phone No change.

Why only 3000 of the 8000 records? Is there an issue or do you only require the 3000?

More info on what you mean by using some of the fields in the Contact records.

It may be that the ACT! import feature has limitations for you and you may require an add-on, (such as ItImport) to provide more flexibility during the import process.

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au

the 3000 records relates to the number I have so far converted I want to convert them all but I am being pressed to go live with the convered database so I will go live then convert at my leasure, I do have another question even in Act 6 I have always had a problem with layouts where are they stored and when you have created a new one how do you save it and then install it on another computer, we have laptops, normal monitors & 16x9 monitors so I need at least 3 different ones & I am still having trouble with the Dymo plug-in

thanks for your time

Platinum Elite Contributor

The layouts in ACT! 6 were shared by all databases, the layouts now are part of the database so each database has it's own layouts and opening the database accesses the layouts for that database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

thanks I will check that out when I get into the office tomorrow