Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company Fields Likned to Contact Fields Will Not Work On Map To Excel Report

Bronze Contributor

Company Fields Likned to Contact Fields Will Not Work On Map To Excel Report

ACT 2010

Vista Enterprise

OK you gurus, help me with this one.  I don't have a clue where to look.

I've been playing with the map to Excel function the last few weeks, but I want to create a document that will have the contact information of the person whom I'm calling on and the information I collected about the company. 

So, I created company fields then created a contact field and linked them.  I then built an Excel sheet with the contact fields entered in the sheet.  The information that normally shows in the contact view displays on the form like name, city, phone, etc.  None of the data from the linked fields displayed on the report.  I then dropped a couple of the fields on a contact layout, and none of the data displays there.  I also selected refresh under view and the data did not appear either.  

Oh, I also verified that the type of fields were the same.  I use a lot of drop downs, so I made sure the same drop down is associated to each field.

I'm thinking it has something to do with refresh, but am not technical enough to look much deeper.

Any ideas?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Bronze Contributor

Re: Company Fields Likned to Contact Fields Will Not Work On Map To Excel Report (Update)

Ahhh, it appears to be something with the linking and updating the fields.

I forced some new data in one of the company fields and pressed Ctrl-S and it asked if I wanted the linked contacts updated.  when I said yes, the information in all the fields was updated and appeared on the Excel report. 

This seems like an awkard way to update contacts.  Am I doing something wrong?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013