Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Company/Divisions Problems

Company/Divisions Problems

Hi,

I am new to using Act! and currently trying to setup the system and Im having some problems with the company/divisions part of the system and Im looking for some help/advise.

I have setup the contacts and companies and have setup the company divisions where appropriate. However I have noticed that when searching for contacts associated with a certain company it doesn't bring back the contacts who are linked to the sub divisions. Since the sub divisions are still owed/run by the parent company I want all contacts from the company and it's sub divisions to be returned when searching for a parent company!

Any ideas to solve this problem would be appreciated! 

Bronze Contributor

Re: Company/Divisions Problems

companies and division are exclusive memberships and if you want the members of the subs to be part of the main you will need to add them to this as well. Like groups a contact can be a member of multiple companies and or divisions.

You could write a dynamic query for the primary company that would roll up all of the contacts from add remove contacts within the company area

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thanks for the reply!

I did notice that by right clicking on the contact details page I could select 'add to company' and the contact would then be displayed on the company page. But when running a 'lookup' they still aren't displayed for some reason :s searching using the company page is a possible solution, but the users are used to using the lookup feature and surely there must be a way to get them display through the use of lookups

Also surely every company can have many divisions, and would therefore be linked and would surely show?! Since the division is created from the company they must be linked and therefore they aren't exclusive?    

Bronze Contributor

While it would appear that divisions are part of a company reality is that they are mutually exclusive other than the tree view in the company area
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.