Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Companies

Companies

I have inherted a old database and they were not using the "Companies" tab.  So all of their contacts are under the contact tab.  The issue is that they have no company data only user....so if a user leaves the customer they do not have an issue.  In the contacts tab there is a space for "Company" which they are using....can this be migrated to the Companies Tab???   Does this make sense? we are using 2010...
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Companies

Hello Jcrace,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

If I understand correctly - you have a lot of Contact records that have a company name in the 'company field', but are not associated with Companies (from the Company screen).  If this is correct, there is no automated way within the Act! program to create and associate those contacts with Company records, it is a manual process.

However, you may want to look at an add-on called Company Wizard that appears to do what you are looking for, here is a link for additional information:

Company Wizard 

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Companies

Thanks you are correct that is the issue...so we have alot of "Contacts" that have a company listed inside it it but it is not asociated with the Compaines.  I'll take a look at your link thanks...