Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Companies unintentionally becoming Divisions of unrelated companies.

Copper Elite Contributor

Companies unintentionally becoming Divisions of unrelated companies.

For years I have been losing Companies, only to find them again as Divisions of unrelated Companies, then I have to promote them back to being a Company again.  I regularly go through expanding my Company tree to check for lost companies, and promoting them up again.  I finally discovered that it is caused by accidental mouse moves or slips while searching or scrolling up and down the Company tree, something that I do very frequently which I find quicker than doing a company lookup.

My question is: Is there a way to stop this from happening - e.g. damp the mouse; make it require clicks rather than drags to move companies around in the company tree. If I want to change the company/division relationship I would rather using the menu from a right click on the company be the only way.

So, can I disable the option to drag companies in the company tree?? (ACT9, 2007).

Silver Contributor

Re: Companies unintentionally becoming Divisions of unrelated companies.

They have added a warning in more recent versions that forces you to answer yes or now before the company of group is moved.
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Companies unintentionally becoming Divisions of unrelated companies.

....That would be nice! I guess I don't get it without upgrading!! I'm glad they were aware of the problem.