Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Companies/Division

Companies/Division

Is there a way to set up a Company main page and with in the divisions Tab have all the companies that are under that umbrella

EX: Company ABC - Headquaters

move all the companies with same names and have all the contact information/notes/history move over to the correct Division.

At first look it appears i have to set up the main company page, then add a division, then add a contact for the division.

Is there a different method i can do?

Re: Companies/Division

Hi TGWint, 

I would recommend taking a look at: 13884 How to Create and Manage Companies in Act!

If you have multiple companies by the same name and have a main headquarters it is possible to drag and drop them into another company and this will make them a division, any Contacts/Notes/History will remain as is.

thank you for the information. Will this method work on all versions of ACT? my company is currently using version 15.1.108.0

Thanks

i can create the "main" company page but i'm not seeing an option or a view that i can drag all the other companies with same name over to that to create a division?

If you have a company already you can drag and drop this over another to make it into a division. Otherwise I would recommend going to Companies - Create Division from the top of the screen.

The way we have it set up now is that we have all of our companies in the "contacts" section we are trying to move these all over to the Companies tab. Once i'm in the company tab how do i drag the ones over from the contacts tab?

or is that not allowed?

You would not be able to preform the drag and drop method I mentioned from the contacts sections of Act. It would need to be carried out in Companies.

If you are doing this method as a quick way to create companies within Act the article below may help. Please ensure to take a backup before turning Automatic company creation on, Please click this link on how to back-up

36117 How to set Company Preferences in Act! v16 and later