Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Companies Customize Columns

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Companies Customize Columns

Help! Evertime I changed the companies customize columns to my like, I closed the database and reopen it next day and I can not see my customize columns setup anymore, it goes back to the preset columns; even do I do press save database with my customize columns. Help? Why is that?

Martin

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author HugoMartin
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Companies Customize Columns

Your preferences may be damaged.  Close ACT!. Click start -> run -> %appdata% -> ok.  Open ACT -> Act For Windows X (where x is your version no).  Rename Preferences folder to Preferences Old.  Delete any PreferenceBak files.  Restart ACT! You will need to reconfigure all your preferences but should resolve the problem.

Tom

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author HugoMartin
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Your preferences may be damaged.  Close ACT!. Click start -> run -> %appdata% -> ok.  Open ACT -> Act For Windows X (where x is your version no).  Rename Preferences folder to Preferences Old.  Delete any PreferenceBak files.  Restart ACT! You will need to reconfigure all your preferences but should resolve the problem.

Tom
Copper Contributor

thank you, so far it seems to work fine. I will post again in a few days.

Hi, I also have this problem. I set customized columns for my "groups" which last a day, then go back to default the next day. I opened my preference folder, but I'm not sure what "PreferenceBak" files are. There are many files similarly called to this: "Preferences_STARTUP_OPPORTUNITYTAB_STARTWITHTHESECOLUMNS_GROUPS" Is this a PreferenceBak file and should I delete all of them? Please help. I am using ACT! 2010 Thanks, Pete