Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Commission System Available in Act!?

Commission System Available in Act!?

Hi, my name is Miguel I'm kind of the team leader for our internal sales team here at work. We just purchased 6 licenses for Act! to all of to be able to keep track of our contacts and our current and potential customers. I noticed the opportunity system you can set up items, and obviously apply its price and act calculates the value of the sale. My questions is, if there a commission system built in Act to calcuate commission when the sale finally closes? Or if there is a 3rd party program that can integrate with Act to do this? I need it to calculate commission on a per item basis after a closed sale. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Commission System Available in Act!?

It could be done using a custom report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

I use one of the User fields in the opportunity to record the commission rate, and i have put that field into the various reports i have, but thats as far as i have gone.... its basically the extent of my knowledge

I had hoped to use a second User field to calculate the $ amount of the commission but have not worked out how to do that yet, and same with the report, once this is achieved you can then talor the reports at will, from individual client to by product, by company.. etc

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have considered putting in manually a special feild to the commission percent. But again, we have 6 reps over 300 products, I'm looking for something a little more automated so that when the rep logs in all the products he/she sold to the customer in the opportunities section, the program would then calculate the commission based on value in the price feild agaisnt the value in the commission % feild. That way I could just do a report at the end of the month for commission to rep and do the payout. But looks like there nothing yet on something like this right? ( Note to programers: here is a business opportunity Smiley Wink  We'd definitely purchase an add-on like this. Well again, any other suggestion would be much appreciated.
Copper Super Contributor

I think you are wishing... in my industry there is about 50 companies i deal with each with about 25 products or variations of products each with a different commission rate.... i think finding a program that covers it will be difficult given that each industry has its own strange ways of calculation.... i use to have this spreedsheet that calculated it all... it was great but custom made.... no idea what i did with it

Any way if you find anything let me know.

Platinum Elite Contributor

The calculations can be done in the report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

I cant see how it can be, given the number of variations it would still need to be extreamly manual

Copper Elite Contributor

For those interested in this topic here I go with my contribution.

Commission control is something that I also would like to have inACT.

I am also using OLP (Opportunity List Plus) from Durkin Computing. It gives me something more (much more) but it is not able to do what we want.

I also work with 8 different partners and each one has many products and some different product lines. Commission changes based on partners and "product lines". It is tough !

Best thing I found was to create a pivot table in a Excel spreadsheet. An approach would be (I believe) to be able at least to export opportunities (with all products in every opp). From this I could create macros to fill additional control fields.

I use to look back to plan the future !!! I have quarterly forecast. This is another thing not ACT or "Durkin OLP" can do.

YES, I have already e-mail wish list to both.

ACT is great (I use since version 1) but there is still lack for opportunities.

What is the point of create and mantain businnes relationships if we can´t control business we develop ??

This is actually my prime need.

Thanks.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE

I agree that it would have alot of manual work, but it should really only be alot of work the first time around or when a new product comes up. Because once the rates are established, the calculations are done automatically. Here is an example:

Rep A sold x amount of Product A and he is entlitled 1% comm.

he also sold Product B which gives him 5% comm.

When this is inputed into an opportunity, I would think there would be a program that can read the price of product A and find out what 1% of the price is then find the 5% of product B and add both results for the final total. Once all the rates are established which currently we only have 4 different rates and all rates are the same to all reps, I would think it be automated and would have its own report. The other gentleman mentioned it could be done with a report and make calculations there, Im curious to as to how that is done, could you provide a step by step or a reference material?

I saw that in the item and services tam in the opportunity window there is a column for discount, which we use alot especially for wholesallers. I think there should be a patch or update or plug in that adds in another column for rep commission. What do you guys think?

Copper Super Contributor

Yes

I think to enable export and import features for opportunities would be an answer for a lot of issues

I would also like to update client account balances, can only do it manually for over 3000 opportunities