Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Combining two databases

Combining two databases

We have two people in our company and each had a separate database under our ACT 10 software.  One of them left and the owner wants all the contacts put into her database.  I have been researching trying to figure out how to do this and can't seem to find an answer.  Is there a way to combine or merge these two databases?

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Combining two databases

If you go to the online Act! knowledgbase - http://www.act.com/support/index.cfm - do a search for an article with this title: How To Import Contact Data From an Existing ACT! Database Into Another ACT! Database

This will be a starting point - there are other articles that may be applicable depening upon the exact status of your data and they are linked in the article.

I'm facing the same challenges.  I attempted to follow the procedures outlined in the suggested article; however, my launched Sage ACT! Pro 2011 (version 13) did not yield a "Duplicate Checking button".  What should I do?

Bronze Contributor

Heather did you use the custom import to typical option as you should only use the custom option for importing.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.