Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Combining field information after Duplicate scan

Copper Contributor

Combining field information after Duplicate scan

I ran a duplicate test in a lookup, it asked if I wanted to start combining, will this replace information or just add to it

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Combining field information after Duplicate scan

The wizard it takes you through will let pick and choose the data you want to copy from one contact to the other. Then near the end you will have the option to retain or delete the source contact.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks Greig,

Is there a way to scan for dups, in a lookup opposed to all contacts?

The "Scan for Duplicates" option under the Tools menu essentially does a lookup of duplicate contacts based on your duplicate checking preferences.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

But when you run a scan it checks the entire data base I have over 60,000 records. I was wondering If i can scan a specific group or lookup within that group or lookup.

Unfortunately, the duplicate scan can't be done for a select group of contacts. The only way I know of is manually by doing the lookup and then sorting by contact name and looking for pairs. That would be a great feature request though. Please submit it to our product managers by clicking Share Ideas from the menu at the top of this thread.

Greig Hollister