Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Combine Notes & History into one

Combine Notes & History into one

[ Edited ]

I'm using Act Premium Version 16.0.291.0, Hot Fix 4

The database I use is shared between the office.

I have the program installed on a Windows 7 PC.

We've recently upgraded to Act! 16 from (cue laughter here) Act 4.0. Much to our demise, most of us had used the "Notes" feature to keep track of contact history and anything else; but there are a few that used both history and notes. After we upgraded, we noticed that the History & Notes are seperated under their own tabs in Act! 16 which makes things difficult when you have to go back and forth between those tabs. I've read somewhere of an option to combine these two into one. We would love anyone who may be able to provide us with a solution or some way that we can combine these two and only use one going forward. We appreciate any hlp you can give us.

Thank you,

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Combine Notes & History into one

Hi jrector,

one suggestion would be Oakmerge http://www.oakmerge.com/

I'm not sure if it would move the content driectly across, but you would be able to export the notes information and import it into the history.

Someone might be able to chime in with a better solution.

Kind Regards 

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Bronze Contributor

There is no option to merge the two tabs. But, there is a good addon that will move your Notes to the History Tab where they belong so everything's together. Remember, Notes are for timeless information - directions, background etc. Anything that occured in the past is a history - you called / they called / you quoted / they bought / you sent / you met / they met - notice the verb in the past tense?

Here's the addon that will move all Notes over to History: http://yourcrmhero.com/notes2history/

Signature
Copper Elite Contributor

Kevin is correct that notes are for timeless information.

We tend to reccomend that people keep notes for things like "likes their coffe black and 1 sugar" or "make sure to close gate on the property" or even "Do Not mention the ex-wife"

Becuase you have upgraded from Act! 4 and there were just Notes, its true that most of those you will want as a History item, however there may still be a few that you would like to keep as notes.

Cheers,

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services