Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Com Class Factory Error 80080005

Com Class Factory Error 80080005

I need your help!

I keep getting the following error!

Retrieving the COM class factor for component with CLSID

{000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}failed due to the following error:

We are currently using the following version of  ACT!  

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

and using Microsoft Office 2010  Version 14.0.5128.5000 32-Bit

We are set up on a 2010 Server and have 5 computers using Windows 7  32bit  all systems are getting the same error when trying to do mail merges.

Everytime we try to do a mail merge we get this error. We use this version of ACT and had used the mail merge feature quite a bit till about a month ago.  Any Suggestions?????? Having over 4000 agents to type out manualy is getting aggrivating!

Copper Contributor

Re: Com Class Factory Error 80080005

I get the same error.  Did you get any responses or determine how to fix this?

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================
Platinum Super Contributor

We have seen this error on Vista and Windows 7 operating systems and resolved it by running the ACT! program 'As Administrator'.  To do this: close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run As Administrator' > test.

If this resolves the issue, you can set the ACT! program to 'Always Run As Administrator' by: close ACT! >  right click on ACT! icon > select Properties > select Compatibility tab > at bottom of tab: enable 'Always Run As Administrator' option > click OK to save and close the change.  Launch ACT! as normal.

Greg Martin
Sage

HI Gregg,

Thanks for your response. Come to find out the only way to get rid of this is to uninstall Word 2010 and reinstall it. I do believe the error came out with the new upgrade on the dymo label. I hope this helps with you. I had tried your suggestion before and it did not work.

Copper Contributor

I'm away from my main PC this week but will try both of these options when I return next week.  I am also a dymo label user so this could be part of my problem as well.

Ken Wiens
www.kgw-consultants.com
Platinum Super Contributor

Dawn, 

Thank you for the information about the Dymo update and having to uninstall/reinstall Word!

Ken,

If you could let us know if these steps help resolve your issue, I would appreciate it.  We can then update our Knowledgebase with the steps!

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Dawn:

Did you need to reinstall the Dymo software after reinstalling Word?  Are you now using Word, Dymo and ACT (with mail merge) all on one computer? 

Right now I am using one computer with ACT / Word / Dymo - but can't do mail merge.  I am using a second computer (without Dymo), just to do mail merge on!

Thanks,

Ken

Ken Wiens
www.kgw-consultants.com

I uninstalled word and then the dymo label. I then reinstalled the dymo label then word. If this does not work. Try uninstalling ACT also.... then reinstall ACT first then the dymo label then word. I hope this helps the matter. I has for all systems in our office.

Copper Contributor

I tried the following:

1.  Run ACT as administrator.  This did not resolve the problem

2.  Run the Office installation with the "repair" option.  This failed and said the setup.xml could not be found.

3.  Run the Office installation with the "Add/remove features" option.  I didn't change any options and this installation ran to completion.  Retested mail merge under ACT and it now works.  Note that I did not uninstall office - just ran the installation again.

At this time I have not reinstalled the DYMO label writer software.  It still exists in ACT which was the only place (other than the desktop) from which I run it (i.e. I never ran it from word or any other office product)

I am running dymo 8.3.0.1242, office professional plus 2010, windows 7 professional (64 bit)

Ken Wiens
www.kgw-consultants.com