Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Com Add ins for Word - File Location Missing...

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Com Add ins for Word - File Location Missing...

Background:

I have Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

Running Windows 7 x64

I Have Office 2010.

This is my new computer, on my old computer, everything works just fine (we still have it here in the office for another employee). 

Here is the issue. I cannot write a letter and then attach that letter to history with my new computer.

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN to fix this.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Act.

I have attempted to enable the com add-ins in Word. Here is the problem, when you go to manage the com add-ins and tick the box next to the Act! Documents Tab Add-In --- The location is missing,  and Load behavior does say "Load at startup".

But when you tick the box, close it, and open it up again, it has the typical error becasue the location isn't specified.

I have edited the registry key which keeps defaulting back from 3 to 2. 

I have reinstalled all the .NET framework

I have downloaded and copy/pasted mscoree.dll to my System32 folder.... all to no avail.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help. I am so frustrated over this.

Not only am I not able to attach a letter to history, I cannot edit any of the Templates because the mail merge fields won't show up either. Because the add-in isn't there...

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Com Add ins for Word - File Location Missing...

Most likely caused by the Windows UAC. Try disabling or make an exception for the ACT! program or try running ACT! as the administrator. Right click on the ACT! icon and choose Run as Administrator.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thank you, but I have already disabled the UAC completely. And I installed Act as administrator and I have tried the "right click run as administrator". 

Any other suggestions? 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Britney - did you ever solve this problem? I have this problem too.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Sorry, this won't help you at all, but just so you know, in Act! v22 (accessing via the Cloud) the same problem exists. If you download the integration file from Act! and install it. you either won't see the Add-ins tab in Word at all, but if you do, the Act! options i.e. Attach to Act! or Record History just don't work. It's a known defect numbered: GROWTH-443.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hey guys - no I never was able to solve the problem. I just stopped using Act about 3 years ago. We switched to "Propserworks" now "Copper" because the needs of our business changed. 

I would probably be using Act still if I didn't have so many odd issues with it.

Sorry guys, and good luck!

Highlighted

@britneymeadows wrote:

Background:

I have Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

Running Windows 7 x64

I Have Office 2010.

This is my new computer, on my old computer, everything works just fine (we still have it here in the office for another employee). 

Here is the issue. I cannot write a letter and then attach that letter to history with my new computer.

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN to fix this.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Act.

I have attempted to enable the com add-ins in Word. Here is the problem, when you go to manage the com add-ins and tick the box next to the Act! Documents Tab Add-In --- The location is missing,  and Load behavior does say "Load at startup".

But when you tick the box, close it, and open it up again, it has the typical error becasue the location isn't specified.

I have edited the registry key which keeps defaulting back from 3 to 2. 

I have reinstalled all the .NET framework

I have downloaded and copy/pasted mscoree.dll to my System32 folder.... all to no avail.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help. I am so frustrated over this.

Not only am I not able to attach a letter to history, I cannot edit any of the Templates because the mail merge fields won't show up either. Because the add-in isn't there...

Thank you in advance.

Same issue i have.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I have been communicating with Act! Support and just received the following meme

"Hello David,

Please note that GROW-443 is for Act! Premium For Web access (Internet Explorer like browser access) that APFW Word addin not appearing when merging document to Word which is not related to your Act! Pro V22.

Please note that for Act! V22 desktop client a new defect is identified and created which is GROW-912 Word addin not loading with 2016 x64 Office. 

- 32bit Office not affected.

- Web client not affected.
- If in Word you go to File > Options > Addins. The Act\! Word icon is under not loaded and does not have a value in the location column.
- If you upgrade from 21.1.4 to 22.0.2 the addin tab still shows in Word but it does not function, and the addin still shows as missing a location

This defect  GROW-912 Word addin not loading with 2016 x64 Office is still open and not yet fixed. 

We are sorry that we don't have a known TAT (Turn Around Time) for the known reported issue. Please note that our development team is working on the solutions for different issues, we are expecting an interim individual updates for issues or a patch update as a whole to address as a bunch.

Please wait for a fix which will get released as next patch update. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

To get an automatic notification in your Act! V22 installed application, please set Tools --> Preferences --> Notifications --> Check Automatically check for product updates every 1 Days."

The good news is that the issue is on their list of required fixes.  

Highlighted

@DavidAshcroft wrote:

I have been communicating with Act! Support and just received the following meme

"Hello David,

Please note that GROW-443 is for Act! Premium For Web access (Internet Explorer like browser access) that APFW Word addin not appearing when merging document to Word which is not related to your Act! Pro V22.

Please note that for Act! V22 desktop client a new defect is identified and created which is GROW-912 Word addin not loading with 2016 x64 Office. 

- 32bit Office not affected.

- Web client not affected.
- If in Word you go to File > Options > Addins. The Act\! Word icon is under not loaded and does not have a value in the location column.
- If you upgrade from 21.1.4 to 22.0.2 the addin tab still shows in Word but it does not function, and the addin still shows as missing a location

This defect  GROW-912 Word addin not loading with 2016 x64 Office is still open and not yet fixed tellthebell

We are sorry that we don't have a known TAT (Turn Around Time) for the known reported issue. Please note that our development team is working on the solutions for different issues, we are expecting an interim individual updates for issues or a patch update as a whole to address as a bunch.

Please wait for a fix which will get released as next patch update. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

To get an automatic notification in your Act! V22 installed application, please set Tools --> Preferences --> Notifications --> Check Automatically check for product updates every 1 Days."

The good news is that the issue is on their list of required fixes.  

OK.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Yeah -- 8 years too late unfortunately for me.