Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Columns

Columns

I am trying to add a column to the list view in "Groups". However when I select "Add Column" the box that appears does not include the column I want to add, in this case "Company". How do I get that selection included in the Add Column dialog box?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Columns

Have you added a company field to the Groups table? You would need to do that before you can add that column to the list view of groups. You can't add columns from the contact table to the groups list view/
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

I'm afraid you're right over my head with your reference to the "Groups table" Where do I find that?
Nickel Elite Contributor

The ACT! database uses a multitable structure. The main tables are Contact, Group, Company, Notes, History, Activities and Opportunities. Think of each table as a separate spreadsheet linked by common fields defined in the database structure to the other tables in the database. The groups table is a set of fields separate from the contact table and the groups table does not have a company field. Each list view is limited to a single table so you can't display a field (column) from the contact table on th groups list view.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Columns again

In your reply you said:  

"If you would like to have an item listed, you will have to

create a Group field for it."     That's my question, how do I do that?

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Columns again

Tools | Define Fields. You will also need to add it to the layout. It will also reflect a company for the group, not the contacts in the group.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com