Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Clients date of birth off by 1 day?

Clients date of birth off by 1 day?

The date of birth (DOB) for more than half our database is off by 1 day.  How did this happen?  Can I fix it?  Thanks! 

Oh, my version info ~ ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Clients date of birth off by 1 day?

Check the computer regional settings.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I've seen this happen with some methods of sync with Outlook or mobile phones that shouldn't be used.

We're not even syncd to Outlook with ACT, and no mobile phones.  Any idea how I can fix it?

Hello hhanks,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Some additional questions:
- Does this happen with all contacts who have a date in the birthdate field?
- Does this happen with any other date fields?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

It's hard to tell how many contacts were affected.  I've been manually fixing them since January when I started updating our client records and there's a lot of them!  I haven't noticed any other date fields being affected, so I don't think so.

If this is only affecting one field, the field may be damaged. You can replace the field using this method:
- Make sure you are logged into your database as an Administrator user
- Make a backup of your database
- Create a new Date-type birthdate field and add it to your layout
- Do a lookup of all contacts that have data in the old birthdate field
- Go to Edit > Copy Field, and copy the data from the old field to the new field
- Remove the old field from your layout, and if desired, delete the old field from the database

Note: If you have any letter, email, or report templates that use the old birthdate field, they will need to be edited to use the new field.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Did it just happen once or is it still changing ones you've fixed?

Be careful about creating a new Birthdate field as per Greig's suggestion ... quite a few apps use the default one and expect it to be there

I have a client with the same problem.  He uses Act! by Sage 2010 version 12.1.181.0 hotfix 1. 

His issue is even more strange.  He has an assistant who connects to the same ACT! database as he.  When she enters or edits this birthdate, no problem.  When he edits and updates a date in this field, it saves 1 day off.  I've checked the regional settings on both computers, made sure everything matches, but still haven't figured out what makes his system different.

Since it seems to be machine dependent, I thought maybe there was something at a computer firmware level, but I haven't found anything there yet.  Also, I'm looking whether or not different SQL versions may also be a factor. His SQL is 2005 Compact Edition.

Anyway, I didn't know if you tried the suggestion below (to remove and replace the birthdate field), but would love to hear if you got it fixed.  Please let me know.

Mike