Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Client Install- is local/runtime SQL needed? (we run it off 2008 server with SQL active there)

Client Install- is local/runtime SQL needed? (we run it off 2008 server with SQL active there)

Hi- am about to re-install client (user had hard drive issues) and wondering if there are any guides for install procedure where I don't include the runtime SQL?  We setup short-cut (post install) pointing to PAD file on network and users access DB in shared environ with SQL active on server where ACT DB resides.  Thanks in advance.

Is it just a matter of Add/Remove uninstall SQL from the Wkst following install?  Perhaps custom route during install to prevent the time/size & resources given when SQL runtime is active on Win7 wkst (when I don't believe they need it).

Mark

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Client Install- is local/runtime SQL needed? (we run it off 2008 server with SQL active there)

Depends on the version of ACT! ... With the last couple of versions, doing a Custom Install gives the option to not install SQL.

Doing this means you can't create local databases or use the ACT! email client

Re: Client Install- is local/runtime SQL needed? (we run it off 2008 server with SQL active there)

Thanks Mike, we're running 2012 Pro , I'll run through the install and update here. Believe you're right, checking custom.
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you already have installed it on the workstations, you'll need to uninstall BOTH ACT! and SQL first - then reinstall as Custom