Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Clicking on "Help Topics" in ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0 takes to me IE home page

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Clicking on "Help Topics" in ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0 takes to me IE home page

Clicking on "Help Topics" in ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0 takes to me IE home page and not ACT online Help.

Appreciate if anyone can explain whats happening here and how can i get back to online Help. 

Tks/ Rgds

Feroz

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Clicking on "Help Topics" in ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0 takes to me IE home page

You can manually create the path and then copy the Webhelp folder from the install media.  You can Explore the install disc or install files (if downloaded) and locate the Webhelp folder under the path "drive:\ACT!2010\Standard\Guide\WebHelp".  The Webhelp folder should contain everything you need (3 folders and 6 files).
Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Clicking on "Help Topics" in ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0 takes to me IE home page

Are you getting any errors when you click on the button?

Check and see if this folder exists:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sage Software, Inc\ACT! by Sage\12.1.181.0\WebHelp

Does it have any contents?  The main file Act! is looking for is 'Default.htm' (along with it's 8 corresponding files/folders).

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

1. Nope, No error messages. Clicking on it just takes to you to IE ( whatever the home page)

2. There are no files or folders beyond :  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sage Software, Inc\ACT! by Sage\12.1.181.0\

Certainly no :  WebHelp file / folder

I have the same problem. There is no folder set up in Application Data. Should this have been set up at initial installation?
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

You can manually create the path and then copy the Webhelp folder from the install media.  You can Explore the install disc or install files (if downloaded) and locate the Webhelp folder under the path "drive:\ACT!2010\Standard\Guide\WebHelp".  The Webhelp folder should contain everything you need (3 folders and 6 files).
Greg Martin
Sage

Greg that certainly worked. It always amazes me that the solution is obvious after someone points it out.

Many Thanks

Ron

Copper Contributor

Thanks Greg , it worked. 

Cheers

Feroz