Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Clearing activities sloooooooooooooooooooow

Bronze Contributor

Clearing activities sloooooooooooooooooooow

I have multiple client installations that are reporting extreme slowness when they clear an activity.  Multiple OSs, all appear to be ACT! 2011.

Anyone else?

Signature
Bronze Contributor

Re: Clearing activities sloooooooooooooooooooow

I have posted several times this continuing problem.  ON the average it take 20 to 30 seconds to clear an activity.  Very frustrating.  I haven't seen anything that addresses this specifically.  All fixes so far have only lasted a few minutes or a couple of cleared activities and then the delay comes back.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Copper Contributor

Me too. Very slow to clear an activity. running 8gb of ram.
Nickel Super Contributor

Yep - I've been experiencing it myself for a while now when clearing and also rescheduling and hadn't had time to check into it, but a customer that we just upgraded reported this yesterday too.

Seems to be user specific as it only happens for one user out of ten.  It also takes longer to log into ACT! as him compared to other users, even when logging in on other computers.

Very strange...

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training

I recently upgraded to 2011 and have acquired a very annoying issue. It takes 45 seconds, or more to clear an activity. Is there a work around for this? A free add-on? Need help as this is really, really slowing me down!
Bronze Contributor

You might try removing old data, specifically cleared activities:

Tools, Database Maintenance, Remove Old Data, check Cleared Activities, and calculate the number of days back to clear (bizarre, huh?)  So 761 should clear Cleared Activities prior to January 1, 2009. (365+365+31=761). 

Cleared Activities are written to History, so you'll still have them where they belong, on the History Tab, but you won't be able to show them in Calendar View or Task List View if you were to choose Options, Show Cleared Activities.

Not a bad idea to backup your database before removing data.

Btw, if you get an error message something to the effect "No data to Clear", and you know there's data to clear, then that's a separate problem that Tech Support will have to resolve.

Signature
Platinum Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Currently our Development team is researching a reported issue where after integration with Outlook, clearing an activity can take an extended time. 

While there isn't a target date for resolution at this time, it has been noticed that using filters to reduce the amount of calendar data displayed can help reduce the time it takes to clear an activity.

The suggestion by Kevin for removing 'cleared' activities is very helpful also. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Super Contributor

Greg - is this Outlook Integration as in just having Outlook set up for e-mail, or do you mean if you set up calendar sync?

Thanks,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training
Platinum Super Contributor

It is at the basic level of having ACT! integrated with Outlook for email.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Kevin
any other suggestions i'm unable to remove old data too