Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Clearing Multiple Activities

Clearing Multiple Activities

We recently upgraded to ACT! 2012. I began clearing a backlog of activities using the "clear multiple activities" feature from the task list. When I reviewed some of them (after I had completed hundreds) I noticed that they were showing the date/time of clearing in history, instead of the actual date/time of the activity. The information still appeared on the calendar with the actual date/time. While using ACT! 2011, clearing multiple activities maintained the actual date/time in the history record instead of using the date/time of clearing the activity. Needless to say, this caused a huge problem! We had to restore from a remote database that hadn't been synced and create new remote databases, re-enter a day of information and now I'm left with hundreds of activities to re-clear - ONE at a time!

Does anyone know if this is a bug? Will it be fixed? Is there a preference somewhere that I haven't found for choosing clear activities at the actual date/time not cleared date/time?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Clearing Multiple Activities

I've just tested the 'Clear Multiple Activities' in ACT! 2012 and 2011, and found the behavior to be the same.  When clearing multiples, it will put the current date on the history item created while retaining the original date on the activity itself (select Show Cleared Activities). 

I've not tested in any other earlier versions, but I don't find that there was a change between these two versions.

I know of no other option for retaining the original scheduled date on the history item, other than clearing them individually.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Greg,

I have a client that has about 22K Activities that need clearing on the date they were scheduled.

It seems poor design to not be able to do this using Clear Multiple Activities.

Can you suggest a solution for my client.

This is typical of ACT! users who have not invested in basic training when first using ACT!.

Many thanks for your help.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have tested on  VM I have that has ACT 2009 and it works as it always has - it completes multiple activities on the date the activity was scheduled.

This needs to be addressed ASAP!

Bronze Super Contributor

Timm - Thank you for confirming this.

IT IS A HUGE PROBLEM WHICH DOES NEED FIXING URGENTLY !!!!

Anyone in Sage/ACT! reading this? Please let us know what is being done to resolve this issue.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org